UVG HWC – Home Series
UV-Guard’s unique WaterMark certified hard water conditioner (HWC) for the home – the sustainable alternative to a conventional water softener.
Does your home have a hard water problem?
Water hardness is most commonly caused by dissolved Calcium and Magnesium minerals. You may have a hard water problem in your home water supply if you notice any of the following tell-tale signs:
- Drinking water tasting or smelling funny
- Toilet bowl, sinks, showers and bath staining
- Scaling on all water outlets
- Soap scum in the bathroom and kitchen
- Spots on dishwasher cleaned glassware and dishes
- Loss of pressure in shower heads and unable to wash off soap or create sufficient lather
- Dry skin, irritation and dandruff after bathing or showering
The UVG HWC-Series
Unlike conventional water softeners, the HWC-Series produces soft water whilst requiring:
- No electricity
- No salts
- No resins
- No magnets
- No backwashing
- No maintenance
- Washing machines – use softer water to produce softer, more comfortable laundry
- Dishwashers – no more hard water spots on newly washed glassware and dishes
- Showers – wash in softer water for less skin irritations and cleaner hair
- Swimming Pools – reduce chemicals required, remove scale build up on pool walls, increase life of pool pumps, reduce backwashing
- Entire home plumbing – remove existing scale (descale) within all pipework and protect heating elements in all home appliances
How it works
- Hard water enters the HWC.
- Water is exposed to the internal surface of the HWC. The integral hydraulic design combined with the chemically-specific material of the conditioner activates an electro-chemical reaction.
- The minerals within the hard water begin to lose their scale producing properties due to changes in their molecular arrangement.
- ‘Hard’ minerals are changed from large molecules to inactive microscopic particles, which flow freely, unable to stick to surfaces and cause scaling.
- Installed inline within pipework – small footprint, no tanks required
- 24/7 operation – no backwashing or resin regeneration to interrupt treatment process
- No added salt (sodium chloride) or other chemicals (potassium chloride) – no health concerns or environmental damage due to high salt water content (brine)
- Nothing is removed from water – vital minerals for human health are maintained unlike with RO systems
- Maintenance and power free – no operational costs
- Multiple models to suit specific hard water conditioning needs and existing pipework size
|Model||Application / Average Flow Rate||Inlet / Outlet Connections||Material|
|UVG HWC-S||Shower||1/2″ male or female BSP||316 SS|
|UVG HWC-HA||Home appliances||3/4″ male or female BSP||316 SS|
|UVG HWC-HP||Home swimming pool||2″ Flexible coupling||PVC|
|UVG HWC-1||Whole of house – 18 Lpm||3/4″ female BSP||316 SS|
|UVG HWC-2||Whole of house – 34 Lpm||3/4″ female BSP||316 SS|
|UVG HWC-3||Whole of house – 56 Lpm||1″ female BSP||316 SS|
|UVG HWC-5||Whole of house – 90 Lpm||2″ female BSP||316 SS|