SLF-Series – Combined Filtration and UV Water Disinfection for the Home
The SLF-Series is a combined filtration and UV water disinfection treatment system able to remove impurities and safeguard your tank water supplies against bacteria, viruses and pathogens. With 3 models in the range, the SLF-series provides safe, potable water for small, medium and large houses. It can also be used in any other water treatment application where the combination of pre-filtration and UV water disinfection is required.
Complete Water Treatment is achieved in 3 steps
- Coarse Filtration – Removes impurities and sediment larger than 20 microns.
- Antibacterial Carbon Block Filtration – Improves taste, odour and clarity whilst also removing contaminants greater than 5 microns in size.
- UV Disinfection – Inactivates pathogens, bacteria, and viruses.
- Heavy duty 10” or 20” poly filter housings – depending on the model required.
- Premium Pleated Filter (20 micron) – provides a high surface area for maximum impurity removal whilst prolonging the filter’s life.
- Silver Impregnated Antibacterial Carbon Block Filter (5 micron) – improves taste, odour and clarity and prevents bacteria colonisation.
- High quality 316 grade stainless steel UV reactor – ensures longevity of the system.
- BSP threaded connections – for ease of connection to plumbing infrastructure.
- Heavy duty mounting bracket – system permanently mounted securely.
- Lamp fail alarm – alerts user and prevents untreated water from being consumed.
- Innovative high output, low pressure UV lamps – target UV dose is maintained throughout lamp life.
- Pure fused quartz sleeves – allows optimum UV output from the lamp to the water.
- Lamp parallel to water flow – water disinfected from chamber entry point to exit.
- Convenience – combining filtration and UV disinfection in one unit.
- No micro-organism is known to be immune to UV – even the chlorine resistant Giardia and Cryptosporidium.
- Economical and efficient operation – disinfecting at the point of use, no contact time required.
- No harmful by-products – chemical free, no impact on taste or colour and no corrosion problems.
- No risk of overdosing – reducing the risks associated with chemical overdosing.
- Easy installation – units are pre-assembled, only connection to inlet and outlet required.
- Peace of mind – power supplies show when UV lamp is in operation and audibly alerts any faults.
- Industrial IP rated outdoor power boxes and indoor power supplies – customised to suit your requirements.
- Basic indoor controller – lamp on/off LEDs and lamp fail alarm.
- Digital indoor controller – lamp on/off LEDs, lamp fail alarm, digital lamp life timer and volt free alarm contacts.
- Weatherproof PLC – IP65 rated, lamp on/off LEDs, lamp fail alarm, digital lamp life timer and volt free alarm contacts.
- Thermal Relief Valves – ensures UV lamp remains at optimal UV output temperature and protects lamp from overheating.
The SLF Process
|House Size||Model||Peak flow rate*||Inlet/outlet Connection||Coarse Filtration||Antibacterial Carbon Block Filtration||UV Lamp Power (W)||Dimensions (cm)|
|Small||UVG SLF30||35 lpm||1″ female BSP/
¾” male BSP
|10″ 20 Micron Pleated Filter||10" 5 micron Antibacterial Carbon Block Filter||30||60l x 20w x 65h|
|Medium||UVG SLF40||45 lpm||1″ female BSP/
1″ male BSP
|20″ 20 Micron Pleated Filter||20" 5 micron Antibacterial Carbon Block Filter||40||60l x 20w x 97h|
|Large||UVG SLF75||92 lpm||1″ female BSP/
1″ male BSP
|20″ 20 Micron Pleated Filter||20" 5 micron Antibacterial Carbon Block Filter||75||60l x 20w x 97h|
*Flow rates calculated using ‘UVCalc®’ software and are based on achieving a UV dose of 30 mJ/cm2 at the end of lamp life where UV Transmittance (UVT) is 85%.